Holiday Program - Drones Workshop
Though drones are indeed widely available now for commercial use, our Needy Children are unable to afford them. The purpose of this 2-day workshop was to let them have a chance to experience and learn how drones work and how to control them.
- They were taught simple programming language to control the drone to perform simple aerial tasks and ultimately, manoeuvring it around 3D obstacle courses.
- They even got to apply some of their math and science work which they have learnt in school!
- The older students were partnered with the younger students to encourage them to guide their younger counterparts and set a good example for them during the workshop.
Holiday Program - Robotics Workshop
A 3-day Robotics Workshop was conducted for our needy children (from Primary 1 to Secondary 2) at Xin Yuan Community Care during the June Holidays.
Holiday Program - 3D Printing
A 3D Printing course was conducted for our P6 children at Xin Yuan Community Care during the November school holidays.
- They were exposed to 3D Printing, hyped in recent years all over the world as one of the newest technologies around.
- They were fully involved in the process of designing and creating their own unique 3D model.
- They had a try at creating a simple model using 3D pens.
- Our mentors were there to guide our Children through the workshop.
Holiday Program - Magic of Science
A Science Workshop was conducted for our needy children at Xin Yuan Community Care. Our Children did hands-on Science Experiments using commonly found household objects.